Ok, here’s a picture of my progress.It wasn’t easy getting this far. See, I still have not learned, and was determined to do a different color on the heel, which was not too hard to figure out and adjust. However, that pattern generator had mistakes in it, and as she said, they weren’t meant to replace a knitting pattern. So, I ended up with some problems. I knew there was an error when it came to turning the heel since I’ve made more than a couple pairs of baby booties. I ended up consulting the sock knitting tutorial and many online basic sock patterns before things made sense.
I had another problem: my beautiful bamboo dpns and my fingers turned blue. Boooohooo! I don’t think you can tell from the photo, but the needles look like I washed my needles in blue milkpaint. I have never had problems with color coming off my yarn. I actually had a lot of difficulty dyeing this yarn — it took forever. I don’t think it’s because it’s 100% superwash wool, but rather just the KnitPicks yarn. Blues usually dye the fastest, but I finished painting 2 skeins of red/magenta/fuschia/orange yarn before this one finished. Actually, I got tired of waiting and took out the yarn when there was still a very faint blue tint in the water. I guess I should’ve either waited longer or rinsed the yarn better. Again, I should’ve known better.