My crappy day consisted of …
- A visit to a client in a psych ward of a hospital regarding services my colleague and I are trying to get for him through the county. The stench of his room was awful– smelled like shit, literally, and urine. And as usual, because the hospital is not an appropriate placement for him and can’t provide the level of services he needs, he was is restraints. A depressing visit to say the least.
- Spending over $1,000 on a close-to-last minute ticket to go to Asia for the funeral of my paternal grandmother who just passed away unexpectedly.
- Having to deal with the 3rd passing of a family member in 9 months. Paternal grandpa, mother and now grandma.
- Having to rearrange coverage and other things at work in preparation for my trip next week.
- A co-worker that is causing so much drama and problems for the short amount of time she has been in our office. (Although, she kisses up to some people higher on the totem pole. Hence we dubbed her “KAy”).
- A terrible aching back on top of my usual chronic back pain.
- Frogging a nearly half-done baby bootie. This was the bootie I was knitting out of the baby alpaca yarn.
- Coming home to a dirty and neglected house, which I have not cleaned in a while.
Well, there are worse things. C’est la vie…